Sunday, June 17, 2012

See I told you all I would be horrible at updating this blog didn't I?! Ok maybe I forgot to mention it, but I promise I'm going to try and do better!

Zoltan is doing really well with his training, and we are starting to add new things into our mix of commands. He has a solid "sit", "wait", "shake", "let's go" (walk beside me...although I do have to correct him for pulling ahead every now and then), "hurry" (this is his potty command) "release" (tells him that he can go and play or do what he pleases...within reason!) and he almost has "down", I'm not entirely sure what his hold up with that one is, and "dress" (tells him to put his nose into his gentle leader and his head through his cape)! Oh and of course "don't" and "no" which much like any young child he prefers to ignore so I usually have to correct him. *sigh* silly puppy.

We are now starting to work on "up" (which tells him to put his two front paws up on something), "off" (tells him to take his paws off the surface!), "drop" and "dress". Once he finishes figuring out his "down" we can start to work on "under" (that means he will go and lay down under a table or a chair, etc.. on command).

Zoltan is so much fun to work with and I enjoy watching him learn (which he loves to do!). Lately he has been testing the waters and pretending that he doesn't know what "sit" means, and he has been throwing a puppy tantrum when I try to trim his nails, although I think we sort of got over that one today with some high value treats (yay!!!).

In other news, my mom and I are thinking about planning a road trip that will take Zoltan back to his roots (so to speak) in California! We are hoping to attend the CCI SW region graduation in August and are planning to drive from Maryland (yikes!!). So if anyone out there has any great travel tips or suggestions feel free to throw them my way :)

See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment