Tuesday, July 17, 2012

They grow up so fast!





I'm pretty sure it was just yesterday that we drove over 7 hours up to Long Island, New York to pick up Zoltan from the CCI campus for the North East Region (aka the NER). No? It wasn't just yesterday? I guess that explains why he doesn't have any puppy teeth left and he is now wearing his "big boy vest" and can take trips into public buildings now. *sigh* my little guy is just growing up so fast!! Zoltan is a little over 5 months old, we picked him up at 11 weeks so I guess it really has been a little while since we've had him. Time sure does fly when you're having fun!

Zoltan and I have been working super hard lately on getting better at the commands he already knows and we have introduced a few new ones as well! We've been working on his "heel" and "under" as well as "stand" and my personal favorite "bed", although he's not to fond of  being told to lay on his bed when he doesn't really want to. Oh well, we shall just keep working!

It amazes me how attentive he is during our training sessions. Not only does Zoltan love to work for his food, but this boy absolutely loves it when you praise him verbally. He can't get enough of it so that works to my advantage as well so I don't have to keep shoveling out food like I'm a PEZ dispenser!

In other news, Zoltan has also developed a stubborn streak recently, mainly when it comes to "counter surfing", for you non dog folk that's just means jumping up on a counter, but doesn't counter surfing sound like so much more fun? He wants to see what's up there constantly and he has even successfully knocked food down in an attempt to eat it. Up until this evening he wasn't successful in actually eating anything. Sadly, he got lucky tonight and got part of a turkey wrap which just means we need to be extra vigilant and making sure he isn't popping up to see what he can find.

Until next time!
Stacey and Zoltan

Oh and since I haven't shared any pictures of the handsome boy himself recently, I guess you should look down so you can see his handsome (not so) little face!


Checking out some different surfaces down at the playground.



                                       First outing in a big boy vest at Grandma's nursing home




No comments:

Post a Comment